All times are UTC

Créez un forum Gratuit >

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: WoW Real ID debate
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:00 pm 

Click to view report Click to view report

Quote:
Pegu !! cool a nice name.
So now Lets see...hmmm you gave the Last clue that maniac's needed to hunt you down :lol:

There is a guy hunting online,who they say is looking for a girl to lock up in his castle dungeon..
sooo !!!
do not go to sleep,do not drive to the store,do not go to work,you must now hire a body guard.
:mrgreen: just kidding...or could it be true??? ^^^ :shock:

Not to worry...GMR's awesome computers will keep you and Pat safe,GMR is a noble PC,he did not,
tell it all...he has lots of LiL GMR computers who call him " Father "
:mrgreen:

This forum is the LEAST of my concerns. I play WoW and Blizzard wants people to use real first and last name accounts. It is called REAL-ID and you can read more here. -- Wow Forum

Even if you just want tech support they want your real first and last name. Being a Japanese American I have a very unique name. The people you fight online in WoW are not some "friendly" people some are absolute psychos. Over there at the WoW forum you can read the postings without being a member, unlike here where the postings are hidden until you sign in.

I am debating either to give up WoW or change my account to something else then I sacrifice all I worked hard to obtain. Anyone here dealing with this issue?

Post subject: Re: WoW Real ID debate
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:48 pm 
I hate WoW. It sucks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:05 pm 

You can also read about it at eff.org, where they now report Blizzard backed down, it's not going to happen.

Otherwise, I'd assume there are enough people with the means of setting up a high traffic resistant forum outside of Blizzard's servers where everybody would migrate to.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:16 pm 
Admin

WHAT !!!

You will kill pyscho's..sorry I am heading for my bunker !!....move over Marvin.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:26 am 

I am glad to hear Blizzard changed their minds. My brother and I play Guild Wars, which has just about all the same aspects but you only buy the game and not a monthly service. I have about $240 tied up in everything and I wouldn't like just casting it aside. My brother I think has spent more money than me. I doubt GW is about to make changes to their policy but they do have weird policies. For example, you can't kill an endangered species on the game. Some user have requested they add pandas, polar bears, or Siberian tigers as pets but they won't do it since they are endangered animals.

Online games like GW and WoW won't last forever but they are fun to play while we do have them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:42 am 

I dont like WoW, but i do not have anything against players who play it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:07 pm 

I am very pleased that enough of us players complained to make them rethink the policy. WoW is one place I don't need my name made public. I have ripped enough hearts out to make way too many enemies there.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:52 am 
Admin

Wow, that's something really crazy, Blizzard could never be really sure to keep a control o who is really using his or her name :? ...

Anyway, good it's not gonna happen :mrgreen: .

PS: I haven't played WoW, so I have not really any thinking about if it's good or not

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]