It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:22 pm

All times are UTC

Créez un forum Gratuit >

Page 3 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Anagrams
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:06 pm 

Click to view report Click to view report

Hay there JAB, is there a way to get the entire game audio script. Not the code but just the words in a text file? This question is open for anyone to answer but since you mod the game I figure you ought to know.

Off topic BTW I downloaded your Tenpenny Mod. That is hilarious, I got up to the Epislon mission and I am having some trouble stealing the Tract from the cultists any suggestions? I keep getting killed by the snipers or losing the trenchcoat man or the Truth gets killed. You best pm me so you don't spoil it for others.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:48 pm 
Admin

Jabhacksoul wrote:
In the beginning cut of Interdiction we see Mike sitting at the radio and hear this odd one sided conversation (obviously speaking in code);

Roger that, Big Monkey, I got a 13-6 fat vulture.
Need to acquire a drowning baby.
Over.
In 15 by the fat moon.
Break your heart.
Over and out.

CJ walks in and the rest of the mission plays out. That should give you guys something to look into?

Let me translate:

Roger that, Big Monkey, I got a 13-6 fat vulture.
"Your orders are understuod, boss, I have a some-guy-who's-gonna-kick-some-[censored word] (a.k.a. CJ)."

"Need to acquire a drowning baby."
"I need to acquire a [codename of the thing he whants]."

"Over."
That's just something that has to be said at the end of a sentence (if your using that kind of a radio) when your ready to let the other person speak.

"In 15 by the fat moon."
"In 15 minutes (or in-game hours, if you drive on the roads at the speed limit) at the Arco del Oeste."

"Break your heart."
Meaningless gibberish / slang. / Friendly small-talk.

"Over and out."
That's just something that has to be said at the end of a discussion (if your using that kind of a radio) when your about to end the call, or turn the radio off.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:53 pm 

Su Xi Mu wrote:
Hay there JAB, is there a way to get the entire game audio script. Not the code but just the words in a text file? This question is open for anyone to answer but since you mod the game I figure you ought to know.

Yes there is a file like that but it is not in order. Just posted it here: GTA-SA-GXT-doc.zip
It has some format codes like; ~z which means to display white text or ~r for red text. Everything that is text in the game is inside that file, city names, people, etc..

Su Xi Mu wrote:
Off topic BTW I downloaded your Tenpenny Mod. That is hilarious, I got up to the Epislon mission and I am having some trouble stealing the Tract from the cultists any suggestions? I keep getting killed by the snipers or losing the trenchcoat man or the Truth gets killed. You best pm me so you don't spoil it for others.

I don't think this will spoil it for others. I don't think that many here can even play my mod. You must have PC version 1 or successfully downgraded version 2.
1. When you jump in the red truck take off before Truth gets inside with you and ditch him. This prevents him from being killed.
2. It is possible (assuming you know the location of the cult farm) not to follow the cowboy he leads into the snipers trap.
3. Once you do get to the cult farm, Truth will show up again (in a walton) for the get away, have body armor and good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

wowowow !
What's this mod ?!
Seems interesting, i will perhaps begin to use them.
It's a mod talking about Epsilon stuff ?

Other thing, Jabhacksoul :arrow: So happy that someone talk about this Toreno message...
It's still weird, because we don't know if he is talking about the Interdiction mission, or another thing that will happen during this mission.

Remember the highphones used by Toreno to speack to CJ...
We don't know where Toreno is during the mission, he must be in a place where he can emet radiowaves, like his home,
but he is not in his ranch, he is not in the lil'probe inn...
There is other places with the same radio devices that in the Ranch and the Lil probe inn, like the Phat liquor in Blueberry, and perhaps other places.
If we find a radio transmitter near of a place looking like a fat Moon, we can be on a good Lead.

BTW Don't Toreno say "In 15 Near of the flat Moon", instead of "By the flat Moon" ?
And what are the censored words ? (perhaps a usefull info, who knows?)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:28 pm 

Troll-Haybus wrote:
wowowow !
What's this mod ?!
Seems interesting, i will perhaps begin to use them.
It's a mod talking about Epsilon stuff ?

It's a mod my brother Vincent and I made about a question we pondered over lunch together. "What the heck Frank Tenpenny up to when he wasn't bothering CJ?" The first 2 missions takes place prior to the game's first cut scene. The mission Su Xi is on is way up around #10. These are fan made missions and originally I was only going to make 6 missions. My brother was the lone author of the "Epislon Cult" where the Truth and Tenpenny are sent by an Agent named "Spooky" after the Tract. And "Zombotech" where he used the green goo to make zombies or something to that effect. My missions were more about high speed chases. Anyway it ended up becoming about 19 missions and extra audio. The link is in my signature. We never passed it off as R* original material.

Troll-Haybus wrote:
Other thing, Jabhacksoul :arrow: So happy that someone talk about this Toreno message...
It's still weird, because we don't know if he is talking about the Interdiction mission, or another thing that will happen during this mission.

Remember the highphones used by Toreno to speack to CJ...
We don't know where Toreno is during the mission, he must be in a place where he can emet radiowaves, like his home,
but he is not in his ranch, he is not in the lil'probe inn...
There is other places with the same radio devices that in the Ranch and the Lil probe inn, like the Phat liquor in Blueberry, and perhaps other places.
If we find a radio transmitter near of a place looking like a fat Moon, we can be on a good Lead.

BTW Don't Toreno say "In 15 Near of the flat Moon", instead of "By the flat Moon" ?
And what are the censored words ? (perhaps a usefull info, who knows?)

Here is that exact conversation from the text file listed above.

Code:
DES3@00      // ~z~Roger that, Big Monkey, I got a 13-6 fat vulture.
DES3@01      // ~z~Need to acquire a drowning baby. Over.
DES3@02      // ~z~In 15 by the fat moon.
DES3@03      // ~z~Break your heart. Over and out.
DES3@04      // ~z~Carl. I need you to do me a favor...
DES3@05      // ~z~Yeah, Ill do you a proper injury, man.
DES3@06      // ~z~What you knowin about my brother?
DES3@07      // ~z~Relax. Hes in prison up state, D Wing. Cell 13.
DES3@08      // ~z~To the left I got a child killer, who wants to rip his throat out.
DES3@09      // ~z~To the right of him I got a white supremacist, who wants to eat his heart, to be precise.
DES3@10      // ~z~Now dont worry. Tenpenny and Pulaski are really relatively benign.
DES3@11      // ~z~Unless of course youre a family member of Officer Pendelbury
DES3@12      // ~z~whom they shot when he threatened to expose them.
DES3@13      // ~z~Damn. Hey, man, how you know all this stuff, man,
DES3@14      // ~z~and why dont you stop it?

This is used for the captions in the game. Sometimes the audio and the text doesn't match up word for word. For example the cut scene to Gray Imports. Carl is outside the donut shop and what he says and what is displayed is not an exact match.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, thanks, i'll try to install it, it seems really funny ^^

For the texts, could you find the Cris' interview ?
Because Fred Melamed told that he improvided a lit bit.
So, if he changed some important words, words writed by R*, he perhaps changed the meaning of some sentences, hidding to us important clues.
Is it possible to find it, the same kind of text that the Toreno's one?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:23 pm 

Click to view report Click to view report

@Grand Master;Maybe we are reading more into this but I think JAB is saying that since it is a weird sounding code it could be an anagram hidden inside. For exmaple they could have just as well said it like this.

Quote:
Roger, Big Man, I got a go go gorilla.
About to grab your bannas.
Over.
In 15 by the West gate.
Break your heart.
Over and out.

This would have made just as much sense as the original speech (secret code) he was spouting off. But that is not the point when you want send some one an anagram message, all the letters must be precise and inside the message. The order or meaning of the words arent important. For example it is easier to encode an anagram and much harder to decode.

If I want to tell some one "I will be at your house by eight fifteen." While there are over 6,900 English words in this one sentence (called a lexigrams) you need to find the right group of those words that will not only make a sentence but every time you remove a word, your word list gets shorter. So most anagrams sound odd when produced. "He b' waiting for fuel. I let you heist, bye." or they don't always contain good grammar. Notice I didn't have an E for the word "be" so you use the lazy b' to make it up.

Anagrams are not a good way to send some one a secret note because they have no key to solving them. It is just trial and error. (You can tell I am really into secret coding right?) :lol: There are many forms of sending secret puzzles and messages and that is why the governments all over the world have a spy branch dedicated to just secret codes. I also like the number puzzles too.

@JAB; Thanks for the file. That is exactly what I need. I need to download that and put the list of places into my dictionary so this program I have will search for GTA names and places. Thanks, and thanks for the mission walkthrough I will try it again today. Dumping the Truth in the Back of Beyond, you are mean. :D

@Troll; sorry for confusing you. I know our jibberish and slang just doesn't translate too well. Just shake you head and make faces at the monitor as if you was at the zoo listening to monkeys chatter. :lol: That is what my Dad does so often he is Japanese and still after 25 years in this country has language issues. I downloaded JAB's Tenpenny Stories that he made if you need help with the missions some are posted on youtube.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:17 pm 

Su Xi Mu wrote:
Anagrams are not a good way to send some one a secret note because they have no key to solving them. It is just trial and error. (You can tell I am really into secret coding right?) :lol: There are many forms of sending secret puzzles and messages and that is why the governments all over the world have a spy branch dedicated to just secret codes. I also like the number puzzles too.

Yeah, number puzzles are popular amongst Japanese, I heard, because it's too hard making 'ordinary' puzzles with kanji. Then again, I suppose kana could work, but that's not the same, right? :P

Anyway, on anagrams, the best anagram sentence ever is from The Simpsons, you must like it too. In the episode Gone Maggie Gone (btw full of fun and famous puzzles, like the goat-cabbage-wolf dilemma), Lisa finds the text "Great crimes kill holy sage". She thinks it's an anagram and puzzles out the sentence "Regally, the rock gem is Lisa", making her believe she herself is the key to an age-old mystery. But when she comes to claim her title, a nun corrects her, saying the true anagram is "It's really Maggie, Sherlock". That's classic! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:24 pm 

if you haven't already, you should look for anagrams in the 12 tenets of kifflom, they are basically and instruction manual for joining the Epsilon program. and in the cris formage interview.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:19 am 

Unfortunately the Chris Formage interview won't be in that text file. They are for the English subtitles mostly, however you should be able to find a transcript online somewhere.

@Su Xi: If your job at the pool falls through you could pick one up with the NSA. :D

BTW this is no joke, the NSA has a kids page with puzzle games on it. Can anyone say recruitment? :shock:

Page 3 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next