It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC

Créez un forum Gratuit >

Page 3 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shocking Revelations in the Priest and Prostitute!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:04 pm 
Admin

The preacher appears in at least two more places.

His in the croud where Madd Dogg jumps off the building and sometimes he can be the client for pimp missions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:04 pm 
Admin

Jabhacksoul wrote:
FiGro wrote:
Hunters have hunted where the van goes..has any one been able to see...
where it comes from?

I will do my best to explain this messy code.

These first 2 lines gets the players position and clears an area around him for 20.0 meters.
Code:
Actor.StorePos($PLAYER_ACTOR, $tempvar_Float_1, $tempvar_Float_2, $tempvar_Float_3)
0395: clear_area 1 at $tempvar_Float_1 $tempvar_Float_2 $tempvar_Float_3 radius 20.0

Next it sets a marker above the Bandito and I know it looks like it says to destroy it but it is actually just getting rid of the memory used to call it up.
Code:
07E0: set_marker 107@ type_to 1
Model.Destroy(#BANDITO)

This is the important part we are interested in finding out. The Journey is created and two models are toss in the front seat. It spawns at map coordinates listed below. The preacher is called 92@ by this part of the program. The prostitute is known as 93@ and their camper is 79@. Think of these numbers as names.
Code:
79@ = Car.Create(#JOURNEY, -680.7584, 2466.081, 114.9057)
Car.Angle(79@) = 75.939
0129: 92@ = create_actor_pedtype 4 model #WMOPREA in_car 79@ driverseat
01C8: 93@ = create_actor_pedtype 5 model #SWFOPRO in_car 79@ passenger_seat 0

Here actor 92@ (preacher) is told to drive the camper at a speed of 10 kph to the location listed. After this act the memory is freed up and they are no longer controlled by the mission. They can do as they please the same as if you meet them on the street outside the mission.
Code:
05D1: AS_actor 92@ drive_car 79@ to -726.9384 2357.388 125.5138 speed 10.0 0 model #CSPLAY 2
Model.Destroy(#WMOPREA)
Model.Destroy(#SWFOPRO)

This is where the camper starts.
This is where the camper is sent.
After that it could go anywhere.

What I find odd about all of this;

Why are these models even here? There is no point to their actions. The preacher ped appears in only 3 missions. Los Sepulcros, Jizzy, and Interdiction. In Jizzy he is in the Stretch so we never "see" much of him but he is the main actor. The programmer could have just called a random vehicle with random actors for such a small part.

I like this ^ info so much..I think it should be published on MEDN as a BIG question mark ?

Why are these MODELS placed here in this mission? ..it is so up in your face.. it is not just left overs,
it is there on purpose, in my honest opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:46 pm 

Ok, so whatever happens after the car has reached its location is unscripted, therefor unneccesary to investigate (it could drive to LV or to SF, whichever the PRNG decides, it's of no use to us). The spawn location and destination location could mean something. Jab, is it possible to quickly scan mission to see if the priest has a 'role' in it? Then we could also maybe map out his spawn and dest coords throughout the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:38 pm 

DaedalusYoung wrote:
Ok, so whatever happens after the car has reached its location is unscripted, therefor unneccesary to investigate (it could drive to LV or to SF, whichever the PRNG decides, it's of no use to us). The spawn location and destination location could mean something. Jab, is it possible to quickly scan mission to see if the priest has a 'role' in it? Then we could also maybe map out his spawn and dest coords throughout the game.

You have a pretty good handle on it, the preacher just drives from point A to point B. The two points are so close together it makes no sense. Since these people are not part of the mission it makes no point to do this action. It is not like we are looking at something in a cut scene or added for background set dressing.

A good example would be the preacher appears at the Ballas funeral which makes perfect sense to me. He is used in that mission as a prop and has purpose. Even though this mission code is long (4358 line of code) I can search it pretty well and his actor # (92@) is no longer referenced by the mission code.

My brother said maybe it is supposed to be a joke or a gag. But that excuse doesn't make sense either. These people are not visible from the Bandito area so they are most likely to go unnoticed by the casual player.

I suppose the best way to look deeper into this mystery now is to figure out what the vehicle, actors, and place has to do with anything. Since they are left up to the game AI at the end of the trip he could do just about anything. For example, I jacked him, he jacked me back, then sped up the jump ramp, and ran the camper off the mountain.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:55 pm 
Admin

He can only drive off the edge of the mountain by accident. He's suppose to turn around on the top of the mountain and drive back down. I've seen it several times, but usually he crashes on the way down and can't get to a road. The problem is that he can't turn sharply enough while speeding. And the rare times when he actually makes it to a proper road, he ends up crashing somewhere else.

And as for game codes, then there could easily be hidden codes in different files. Codes that make no other sense and draw no attention. The Epsilon code could be devided into many parts, even iside vehicle files. Quietly waiting for that one sequince of events that makes them act as a one code that actually does something. That's why mods are bad. We can't be sure if the one file we edit is among the files wih the hidden code.

Of coulrse they're not going to make files like "EpsilonProgram.exe". They're much more likely to hide it into something meaningless like "Grass.dll", or as stated above, into a lot of vehicle files.

A game like that isn't about single files acting alone. It's about hundreds of files co-operating.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:06 am 

Jabhacksoul wrote:
My brother said maybe it is supposed to be a joke or a gag. But that excuse doesn't make sense either. These people are not visible from the Bandito area so they are most likely to go unnoticed by the casual player.

Indeed. If this wasn't in there, nobody would've cared about its absence.
Btw, I thought of something else, in the same mission a number of flares are reported. Also in areas where they'd make no sense. Could you find anything about these?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 am 
Admin

Those flares can appear in random locations all over Arco del Oeaste; El Castillo del Diablo and possibly the area in between. They don't appear every time, so it could take as long as an hour of redoing the mission until you see any.

The only one that has a constnt location is the Blueberry flare and it doesn't show up every time you go there, so you might have to drive back and fourth and away from Blueberry a lot of times to see it. The Blueberry flare is also the only flare that can appeat at odd angles.

It's in my signature and in this video: http://www.youtube.com/user/SmartassX1#p/u/6/S0_6Ky-R09I

Petition to R*
The most awesome San Andreas stuff at Youtube

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:42 am 

Grand Master RandomE wrote:
...And as for game codes, then there could easily be hidden codes in different files. Codes that make no other sense and draw no attention. The Epsilon code could be devided into many parts, even iside vehicle files. Quietly waiting for that one sequince of events that makes them act as a one code that actually does something. That's why mods are bad. We can't be sure if the one file we edit is among the files wih the hidden code.

Of coulrse they're not going to make files like "EpsilonProgram.exe". They're much more likely to hide it into something meaningless like "Grass.dll", or as stated above, into a lot of vehicle files.

A game like that isn't about single files acting alone. It's about hundreds of files co-operating.

I am going to agree and disagree with you on this GM, if it wasn't for mods and modding we would never had known about the hidden coffee game. I know this is going to sound like BS but to this day I never played that mission. :D I was never much for the dancing missions either. Early on, the CEO at R* claimed that the modder PatrickW hacked the game and added the code. But all he did was discover hidden latent code (which is exactly what you describe) all he had to do was turn it back on. This leads us to concerns of trust and/or ignorance on R*'s part. Was the CEO ignorant or just lying? If such a code exists maybe only one programmer at R* created it, which would explain why it is such a well kept secret.

I would have to say that if such a code exists it has to be very tiny. Even a tiny code could be used to trigger something on a larger scale. Hackers use disassemblers to break the code down and not just the main.scm (mission file) or the executable. CLEO was made using the DLL's making new ones with hooks looking for external scripts. Because the code has been sifted over by thousands of paws. I chose to look in the graphics, text, and sound files for clues to a potential puzzle or some hidden latent code.

Recently I thought I may have found such a code in the bitmaps but so far no luck. I figure there still might be something hiding inside the graphics. If there is then maybe once it is discovered we could use that to trace it back to what is supposed to trigger it.

I know hunter Su Xi Mu is working on text puzzles and I really think she is on to something with those anagrams. I have uploaded sound files of suspicious peds but a clever programmer could hide a code inside the sound file. Of course you should be looking at the raw sounds and not the extracted ones.

So I agree with you that some tiny obscure code could be hidden inside the game. However mods are not bad, they are good tools and everyone should learn to use them to their own advantage.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:59 am 

DaedalusYoung wrote:
Btw, I thought of something else, in the same mission a number of flares are reported. Also in areas where they'd make no sense. Could you find anything about these?

This is the chunk of code that makes CJ light up the smoke flare to attract the helicopter.

Code:
070B: set_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR onbone_attached_object_operation 0
Object.KeepInMemory(94@) = True
04C4: store_coords_to $tempvar_Float_1 $tempvar_Float_2 $tempvar_Float_3 from_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR with_offset 0.0 1.0 0.0
02CE: $tempvar_Float_3 = ground_z_at $tempvar_Float_1 $tempvar_Float_2 $tempvar_Float_3
$tempvar_Float_3 += 0.05
Object.PutAt(94@, $tempvar_Float_1, $tempvar_Float_2, $tempvar_Float_3)
066D: 100@ = attach_particle "SMOKE_FLARE" to_object 94@ with_offset 0.0 0.0 0.1 flag 1
064C: make_particle 100@ visible
0687: clear_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR task
32@ = 0
040D: unload_wav 1
03CF: load_wav 13205 as 1
35@ += 1

I suppose something could go wrong and if the game glitched it could repeat this code again and leave multiple flares 1 meter in front of CJ. Also notice that the prostitute's memory location is 93@ and the flare is 94@. Think of it like this; if I had 3 boxes labeled 92, 93, and 94. I stuff a preacher in box 92, a hooker in box 93, and flare in box 94. If something gets the computer confused (memory issues) the computer might be looking in the flare box for the hooker. :lol: That's the best I could come up with for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:22 pm 

I have two questions about the priest:

1) Does he have any in game voice files? Because in all the video's I have seen I have not heard him speak, except for that mission when he's in the limo.
2) Is the ability to choose him as a 2 player character on the console's important? (Incase you didn't know on xbox and PS2 you can choose him as a two player character not far from grove street).

Page 3 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next