It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:19 pm

All times are UTC

Créez un forum Gratuit >

Page 2 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shocking Revelations in the Priest and Prostitute!
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:06 pm 

Major update!

So regular routine with the same scenario today but this time the RV had this on it's license plate on it's back!

RT81 ORA

So I'm thinking it's saying Route 81 Aura!

And on the front it say this but backwards!

A(Backward R)0 18T(Backward R)

Does anybody know what it means? Is there a route 81 in the game?

And if anybody needs video proof, i'll put it up as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:41 pm 
Admin

TheNomadHunter wrote:
P.S I have to say that on the Neoseeker forums I can't believe that they stopped investigating this because it is scripted for this RV to pull up when you start coming down the little mountain you were on, so it has to be meant for something because the developers woudln't have made this to happen!

Me neither. There has been a major lack of enthusiasm in that forum during the last month and a half, or so. :(

In my opinion this RV and the flares are the most important discovery and the most likely thing to lead anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:18 pm 

Yeah, I have to say it was quite weird to see this. I mean, it has nothing to do with the mission. If they had left this out, nobody would've cared about it not being there. Well the Priest and the Prostitute would've been a fun easter egg, if that was all it was, but why the flares? They truly make no sense, even as easter egg, so it must be something.
Somehow, I'm also thinking about what people said about a red car that's always there in another mission (a Woozie racing mission, iirc), which has weird behavior when followed. It makes me wonder, are there in other missions also vehicles 'hidden' with no direct purpose?

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:13 am 

18t = 180? turn around?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 am 
Admin

Grand Master RandomE wrote:
TheNomadHunter wrote:
P.S I have to say that on the Neoseeker forums I can't believe that they stopped investigating this because it is scripted for this RV to pull up when you start coming down the little mountain you were on, so it has to be meant for something because the developers woudln't have made this to happen!

Me neither. There has been a major lack of enthusiasm in that forum during the last month and a half, or so. :(

In my opinion this RV and the flares are the most important discovery and the most likely thing to lead anywhere.

Hunters have hunted where the van goes..has any one been able to see...

where it comes from?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:08 am 
Admin

I don't think it's possible to see where it comes from. I believe it spawns on the mountain and drives forward by only 10 m (35 ft) or so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:16 pm 

TheNomadHunter wrote:

Being a modder and knowing the code, I could look into this further. My question isn't about it being coded into the mission, heck you could say that about the whole game. I think the real question is why, and is it really relevant to the mission or game plot at all? I must have played through this mission a dozen times by now and never really noticed. So if I were working for R* and had code a mission why would I put something so vague into the mission code? I will look it over and get back to you on exactly how it plays out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:29 pm 
Admin

I don't think it's possible to see where it comes from. I believe it spawns on the mountain and drives forward by only 10 m (35 ft) or so.

hmm...there have been hunters who claim to follow the van for miles in various area's.

so why not check up tight ..and see if it spawns sooner than the Mtn. area?

(It could be a clue..snake farm,desert grave,ghost town,area 69 etc;)

where does it 1st spawn?

Last edited by FiGro on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: spl ck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:30 am 

FiGro wrote:
Hunters have hunted where the van goes..has any one been able to see...
where it comes from?

I will do my best to explain this messy code.

These first 2 lines gets the players position and clears an area around him for 20.0 meters.
Code:
Actor.StorePos($PLAYER_ACTOR, $tempvar_Float_1, $tempvar_Float_2, $tempvar_Float_3)
0395: clear_area 1 at $tempvar_Float_1 $tempvar_Float_2 $tempvar_Float_3 radius 20.0

Next it sets a marker above the Bandito and I know it looks like it says to destroy it but it is actually just getting rid of the memory used to call it up.
Code:
07E0: set_marker 107@ type_to 1
Model.Destroy(#BANDITO)

This is the important part we are interested in finding out. The Journey is created and two models are toss in the front seat. It spawns at map coordinates listed below. The preacher is called 92@ by this part of the program. The prostitute is known as 93@ and their camper is 79@. Think of these numbers as names.
Code:
79@ = Car.Create(#JOURNEY, -680.7584, 2466.081, 114.9057)
Car.Angle(79@) = 75.939
0129: 92@ = create_actor_pedtype 4 model #WMOPREA in_car 79@ driverseat
01C8: 93@ = create_actor_pedtype 5 model #SWFOPRO in_car 79@ passenger_seat 0

Here actor 92@ (preacher) is told to drive the camper at a speed of 10 kph to the location listed. After this act the memory is freed up and they are no longer controlled by the mission. They can do as they please the same as if you meet them on the street outside the mission.
Code:
05D1: AS_actor 92@ drive_car 79@ to -726.9384 2357.388 125.5138 speed 10.0 0 model #CSPLAY 2
Model.Destroy(#WMOPREA)
Model.Destroy(#SWFOPRO)

This is where the camper starts.
This is where the camper is sent.
After that it could go anywhere.

What I find odd about all of this;

Why are these models even here? There is no point to their actions. The preacher ped appears in only 3 missions. Los Sepulcros, Jizzy, and Interdiction. In Jizzy he is in the Stretch so we never "see" much of him but he is the main actor. The programmer could have just called a random vehicle with random actors for such a small part.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:40 am 

I like where you are going with this. Why would they have such small roles unless they are intended for a much bigger purpose.

Page 2 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next